Swim Meet 101
Check out the swim meet & events page to see which dates in June we have swim meets.
Things to note:
Warm-up time for HOME meets is 4:15 PM
The first event begins at 5:00 PM
- Mandatory - Sign up your swimmer(s) for meets they will be attending. It's crucial for our coaches to know which swimmers will be attending meets as soon as possible so that they can create lane assignments for each event and organize relay teams.
- Mandatory - Sign-up for your volunteer position when you sign your swimmer up for meets. All parents should be prepared to help out. We’re asking for 8 volunteer points per family. Non-swimmer children under the age of 18 are prohibited from volunteering and are unable to accompany a volunteer parent on the pool deck. Volunteer sign-ups occur on a fist come fist serve basis!
- All parents should be prepared to help out at all swim meets.
- Swimmers should report to their age group tent and check-in with their tent wrangler 15 minutes before the start of warm-ups.
- Volunteers should check-in at meets 15 minutes before the scheduled start of your shift. If you are registered for a 2nd volunteer shift, please listen carefully for shift change announcements. Shift change will occur during the 10 minute intermission that occurs mid swim meet.
- Please bring plenty of fluids, water and electrolytes, for you and your swimmers. As we all know, Houston summers are hot!
- At home meets: Dinner item, waters, electrolytes, and other snacks will be available at the concession stand.
- We recommend feeding your swimmer something light before the start of the meet. Healthy snacks are encouraged.
- Please be sure your swimmer wears their team gear - suit, shirts, and swim cap.
- Don't forget sunscreen!
Simple formatted text